Little Forrest Boxing
Power Fist Form
Kung Fu Quotes...
You do 1,000 times!A famous quote from Grandmaster Peter Kwok
Lift your head and drop your shoulders.A famous quote from Shifu
I am not a meat hook so don't hang on me!!!A famous quote from Yang Cheng Fu
You can do anything you want...as long as you know how!!!A famous quote from Grandmaster Mark Gates
Crect!!!From a favorite Hsing Yi Teacher of mine Grandmaster Yang Fukui
More HIT ~ Less SPIT!!!From my Senior Student...Master Po!
NO Kung Fu faster than Speeding Bullet!!!Kung Fu Grandmaster...Peter Kwok!
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.Some philosopher...Arnold H. Glasgow!
Gung Li Quan
Power Fist Form
Gung Li Chuan
Gung Li Chuan
Gung Li Chuan was founded by Chao Lian (1657 - 1748) who was from Shanxi Province in China.
Gung Li is a form which is used by many styles as a basic training set. This form uses dynamic tension as part of its training methods. Gung Li makes use of deep stances in order to develop lower body strength and endurance. Gung Li Chuan or Power Fist Form is one of the four basic Shaolin Chuan Sets.
Gung Li Chuan is broken down into 7 sections of form. Though the form is broken down into lines or sections, it is meant to be practiced as one complete set. By breaking the movements down we are able to give you the details needed to learn each movement by itself, then you will be able to link the movements together. It is more important that each movement be done correctly, then fast. So, you can go as fast as you like as long as you do each movement perfectly.
Opening MovementReady Position/Ready Stance
- Double Punch with Hammers Shooting Up To The Sky
- Double Punch Downward With fists in horse riding stance
- Punch right in a left Bow & Arrow stance
- Double punch down in a Bow and arrow stance
- Turn around and left punch in a right bow and arrow stance
- Double punch down in a bow and arrow stance
- High Block separate the palms and stand feet together
- Turn left and double punch to a bow and arrow stance
- Hook, step back feet together, step forward hanner fist and double punch
- Step back low lotus and sideways hammerfist
- Shooting up the fist/windmill fist/white crane fists
- Left heel kick
- Right heel kick
- Double punch front and back to bow and arrow stance
- Retreat to low rooster, high tiger groin strike, and punch to a horse stance
- Punch at an angle/hammerfist to a bow and arrow, punch to a tiger stance and double arm block
- Double punch front and back to a bow and arrow stance
- Retreat to a low rooster, high tgier groin strike, and punch to a horse stance
- Stringing the moon with three circles/triple ring punches
- Turn around and stringing the moon with three circles/triple ring punches
- Step back to evade and stringing the moon with three circles/triple ring punches
- Step back to evade and stringing the moon with 3 punches/tripe ring punch
- Turn around and double punch in a bow and arrow stance/hammerfist series
- Step back to evade and double punch in a bow and arrow stance/hammerfist sieries
- Step back to evade and double punch in a bow and arrow stance/hammerfist series
- Punch upward in a horse stance
- Double block punch while holding a horse
- Retreat to a rooster, back slap to a bow and arrow stance, leap to a lotus, and hammerfist
- Windmill with your body turning backward and hammerfist
- Block up and punch while holding a horse stance
- Block down and punch while holding a horse stance
- Retreat to a rooster and back slap to a bow and arrow stance, punch at an angle in defense position/punch to a tiger stance
- Upward backfist as the left foot jumps forward, punch to a horse stance
- Holding lef and penetrating the throat
- Lifting up the wrist and palm strike/hook and circle block/low single whip
- Holding the left and penetrating the throat
- Holding one palm over your head with one hand punching
- Recover to original/ step back and close