Hsing Yi Chuan
Mind Body Boxing
Kung Fu Quotes...
You do 1,000 times!A famous quote from Grandmaster Peter Kwok
Lift your head and drop your shoulders.A famous quote from Shifu
I am not a meat hook so don't hang on me!!!A famous quote from Yang Cheng Fu
You can do anything you want...as long as you know how!!!A famous quote from Grandmaster Mark Gates
Crect!!!From a favorite Hsing Yi Teacher of mine Grandmaster Yang Fukui
More HIT ~ Less SPIT!!!From my Senior Student...Master Po!
NO Kung Fu faster than Speeding Bullet!!!Kung Fu Grandmaster...Peter Kwok!
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.Some philosopher...Arnold H. Glasgow!
Mind Body Boxing
Xing Yi Quan
In order to optimize your training, it is suggested you establish a training schedule. Since not all students are sure what to do or how to do this, here are some suggestions.
- It is always best to practice everyday, try your best even if it is 5 minutes.
- It is better to practice more times per week than to practice less but for a longer duration. Simply the repition daily, or regularyly, is needed to retain and progress. Hence refer to rule number 1, practice daily.
- The more you practice, the better you will get.
Recommended 30 - 45 Minute Training Regimen
- Warm-up before you start to get deep into your workout, 5 - 10 minutes.
- Practice at least two of the eight "Basic Stances," 10 sets each stance, 5 minutes.
- Practice all of the newest material you are learning every workout, 10 minutes.
- Practice at least one of you basic forms three times, 5 minutes.
- Practice at least one of your intermediate forms three times, 5 minutes.
- Pracitce at least one of your advanced forms at least three times, 10 minutes.
- Practice qigong, standing meditation for at least 5 minutes to cool down and center.
- If at all possible, try to practice at least every other day.
Stress relief, increased muscle strength, improved coordination, improved flexibility, lowering of blood pressure, improve arthritis, increase bone density, Improve your cardio vascular system, etc...
Gain the self confidence to defend yourself, your family, and your friends if necessary.
Bring the Mind, Body, & Spirit together through the meditative or focus training.
Watch Rob do Pa Sil
Demonstration by Shifu