Kung Fu Blog
Tell Your Story...
Share With Others
Share Your Kung Fu Story...
If you are a Student or Virtual Training Member, create and keep your own Kung Fu Blog...
Shifu's 2016 Goals...
2015 proved to be a challenging year. It had many personal challenges which I was unprepared for. It made me realize I need to focus more, certainly relax more, and once again learn to to interact with someone as a team and couple, both short term and long term. It had many AWESOME times and rewards which topped 2015. Truly a year of Yin and Yang, but at the extreme ends of the spectrum. I believe 2016 will bring more AWESOME rewards.
Once again, I will set my 2016 goals in line and work from there. Like last year, I an setting business, kung fu, and personal goals....
- Install new lighting in the classes area with engery efficient LED lighting.
- Get on a regular schedule to maintain the Academy keeping it clean and friendly.
- Maintain and continue to keep the Serenity Garden well kept with flowers.
- Upgrade the changing room to a more comfortable environment.
Kung Fu Goals
- Finish editing and publishing the China Hand Kung Fu Tai Chi Chuan Manual.
- Start and finish the China Hand Kung Fu Academy Shaolin Chuan Manual by years end.
- Continue working on the Shaolin Section of the website and posting of virtual training by June 2016.
- Continue working on the Tai Chi Section of the website and posting of virtual training by August 2016.
- Continue to encourage students to use features of the website.
- Continue to publish 1 newsletter per month.
- Look for new ways to utilize the website to benefit the students and Academy.
- Begin posting new short video clips for applications to forms.
Teaching & Promotional Goals
- Test Miriam
- Prepare Randy K for his 2nd Degree Black Sash in Tai Chi
- Test Gina K for her Advanced Level in Tai Chi & Shaolin. Then prepare her for her 1st Degree Black Sash for the end of year.
- Prepare Greg Z for his teaching certification and 3rd Degree Black Sash in Pa Kua.
- Prepare Dr. Dave for his 3rd Degree Black Sash in Pa Kua Chuan.
- Continue to assist Linda for her Teaching Certificate by years end.
- Prepare Linda for her 2nd Black Sash in Tai Chi Chuan & Shaolin Chuan for years end.
- Prepare Bill for his 3rd Degree Black Sash in Tai Chi, Shaolin, Pa Kua, and Hsing Yi.
- Prepare Chris for his 3rd Degree Black Sash and teaching certification Tai Chi , Shaolin, Pa Kua, and Hsing Yi.
- Prepare Rob M for his 5th Degree Black Sash by years end.
- Continue to adjust curriculum to accomodate current students in Tai Chi, Shaolin, 2 Man, and Weapons. Class attendance is good, the group is stable and enthusiastic, so I need to keep the momentum going.
- Review the overall group participants and promote those between the White and Purple Sash levels.
- Start 2016 Tai Chi Challenge of doing Long Form Mirror Image with all Tai Chi Groups.
- Support Linda in all of her activities as Social Director of the Academy.
- Support Linda in organizing World Tai Chi & Qigong Day events at Windward Beach Park.
- Support Linda in organizing our trip to NYC for Chinese New Year 2016 with Yee's Hung Ga.
- Support Linda in organizing a 2016 Kuo Shu Tournament trip to support Al in participating.
- Support Linda in organizing our 3rd Annual Blueberry picnic.
- Continue keep Facebook up to date with current events, student activites, and activites for the school.
- Continue to keep Instagram up to date with photos of the Academy and its students.
- Continue to post all Kung Fu photo's to Flickr for all to see and download.
- Increase workout time, my own, to 2 hours per day by March.
- Start again eating healthy and loose 25 pounds by August for Greg Z's wedding.
- Go shooting 1 time a month with Linda.
- Enjoy more "chill time."
- Learn to Tango with Linda.
- Work on my new birthday wish, which by the way I did get my 2015 birthday wish.
- Continue to meditate 45-60 minutes per day.
- Increase student base by 5%.
- Increase net income by 5%.
- Decrease expenses by 5%.
- Increase advertising for the year by finding new and cost effective methods with a positive return on investment.
- Enroll 10 Children in the Kids Kung Fu Class.